1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Traveled long distance on my own. I went to Sydney (which was also a first) It was amazing!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't have any resolutions. I did have a 2012 Bucket List, I did manage to cross some things off the list, but I also failed at some really easy ones :(
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I heard of a couple of school friends having babies, and some people at work are now mothers and grandmothers, but no one close... as in Family. Ask me again at the end of 2013.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Gran. In June. It was sad to see her go, but she was very frail and now she's at peace. Also my cat PC :(
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More sociable. As heard as I try, I'm just not very good at making friends.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dad's New Girlfriend (Jan), Sydney Trip - Harry Potter Exhibition (Feb 14), Death of PC (Apr), Death of Gran (June), Meeting Alfie Allen at Supanova (June), Angela and Darian moving in (June), Studying Childcare, New Kitten neice Pippin, The Hobbit (Dec 26)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my studies for the year. I had pretty much given up, but with one last push, I was able to finish.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight. AGAIN! But I haven't put any weight on, and I'm now hovering around the low 140s, as opposed to the high 140s.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fainted at work. Then discovered it was because of my eyesight, so now, after years of wishing :P I have to wear glasses.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
iphone 5 & Macbook Air
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. A bit selfish I think, but surviving all the drama I have at home without going crazy. I also remember not being as stressed and depressed as I was in 2011. And I think I'm starting to be more confident.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There has been a few, mostly involving the new people living in my house. If I could go back and replay it all I would deal with it differently.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Blu-rays, Geekery, Bills, Books, Sydney Trip, Macbook Air, Studies.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Travelling to Sydney on my own for the Harry Potter Exhibition. Meeting Alfie Allen at Supanova. Meeting Matthew Reilly, spending time with Emma :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
New Muse album, new Billy Talent album, Gangnam Style (yeah, I went there), Screw The Nether by inthelittlewood.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) fatter or skinner? same
c) richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
been sociable and made more friends
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasting time, crying over stupid things
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
It was spend with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Doctor Who, Game Of Thrones and Sherlock
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read any books :( except for studying
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
It was pretty much just new album from bands I already love.
27. What did you want and get?
iPhone 5, Macbook Air, a little more confidence
28. What did you want and not get?
More close friends
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I made a cake to take to work for my 26th. I had work so nothing much was done :)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more money :)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
part geek, part hipster.
33. What kept you sane?
My blog, Emma, Minecraft.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Always Karl Urban. :)
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who do you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Awesome girl. she's awesome, and she keeps inviting me out, but I make excuses not to go. It's because I'm stupid and socially awkward :(
38. What was the best thing you ate?
I don't remember stuff like that!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
Stay strong and be yourself.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"And Tonight we can truly say together we're Invincible" from Muse song Invincible.