What a crazy year 2015 was. I took a large jump closer to becoming more like the real Me! It was a very strange feeling to finish the year and know that I had a successful year!! So if you feel like it, I answered 39 Questions about 2015. You don't have to read it all! :)
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Traveled overseas to New Zealand, Bungy Jumped, Zorbed, Ziplined, Jumped completely out of my comfort zone (53 strangers on Contiki tour) Saw a Kea, a Kiwi, a Tuatara, and other amazing NZ animals, went as far south as I ever had, went as far East as I ever had, went through customs (didn’t get in trouble), went on a ferry that carries cars, saw a dormant volcano, climbed to the top of an extinct volcano… so freaking much! Tattoos!!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year
I didn’t send cards to my friends like I said I would – I sort of looked after myself (I joined a gym, but stopped going after 2 weeks because someone who worked there was a bitch to me – still paying for it though ) I read more blogs, but didn’t blog as much as I wanted… I did start this blog with my bestie… so hopefully next year will be better. I stressed about money sometimes… but not as much as I did in 2014… and I tried to be a better work colleague, but it’s hard when your workplace goes to shit… but we survived and 2016 is going to be awesome!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin gave birth to her little Ruby!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
confidence – I think I answer confidence to this question all the time. I’m definitely getting better… I still just haven’t figured out how to make friends and meet people without feeling super awkward!
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jumping off that bridge in New Zealand! I still can’t believe that I did it!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Travelling to New Zealand on my own, and the whole experience of making new friends, being adventurous and taking a huge literal leap out of my comfort zone!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being single all year. I haven nothing against being single, I love it, but I would like to experience being in a relationship no matter how short!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I was quite lucky health wise. I’ve been a little mentally down in the last couple of months, but I’m working through it!
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My mum bought the air tickets to New Zealand for me! If she wasn’t there to help I probably would of never made it!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I would say my own… I’m very proud of how I handled this year
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A few people, new and old, that could just disappear from my life.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Lean On by Major Lazer – it was our Contiki Day Song, so whenever I hear it, it reminds me of NZ
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happie
b) fatter or skinner? Skinnier
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How do/did you plan to spend Christmas?
Christmas lunch with the family!
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
with New Zealand
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Sense8, new series of Orange is The New Black
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
It’s a tie between Room or The Light We Cannot See
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Star Wars made character playlists on Spotify!
27. What did you want and get?
Trip to New Zealand, Thermomix… heaps of stuff
28. What did you want and not get?
Lots of things…
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Star Wars The Force Awakens
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had the day off work. I got my nails done, had morning tea at my aunts cafe… just relaxed. I turned 29!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time with Emmy
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Dressing more the way I wanted to, because I could actually buy clothes I liked in my size! YAY!
33. What kept you sane?
Emmy, and my mum
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh dear… too many! Currently I’m in love with Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaacs
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Trump! So glad I don’t live in America
36. Who do you miss?
Spending time with Emmy
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Most of the people I met on Contiki… in particular Veronica, Courtney, Emma, Lucy, and Emily
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Fish & Chips on the foreshore in Auckland! (Fush & Chups!)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015?
LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE!